Friday, August 2, 2013

So That Everything Doesn't Happen at Once

Einstein once said that time exists so that everything doesn't happen at once.  Smart dude if you ask me.  I just cannot believe that it is already August...2013.  This has been a short long week.  I am not sure what that means exactly, but it means the week has been fast, but seems long. Last night, I was supposed to go to Walmart and pick up a couple of air mattresses for the retreat I am going to this weekend. I had decided that I was going to take my daughter and went home first.  Big mistake, I sat down and fell asleep and didn't wake up until this morning. I guess I was exhausted. 

Like I mentioned above, I am going to a retreat this weekend, [thanks to my incredibly sweet best friend) and I am kind of nervously excited about it.  This is a retreat my small group leader has been doing for several years with many of her friends, and she is including us this year.  I am good with the people that I know, but I am not exactly comfortable when meeting new people. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy meeting new people, but I revert into my former extremely-introverted-shy-self.  I try really hard, and sometimes I do well...but I am NOT good at small talk, you know when you first meet someone...I NEVER know what to say.  If there is a specific topic, I can talk to it or about it, but just not great at the small talk that typically takes place. It can be very awkward, and makes me uncomfortable.  I know everything will be OK and nothing bad will happen...the pre-retreat anxiety is taking over right now. Once I get there, I will be fine.  

I am really hoping I come back from this retreat being rested and with a new perspective, not only with my life, but with my relationship with Jesus and my friends as well.  I will post a recap once I am able to collect my thoughts.

I really would like to make my blog something I do a few times a week, my life could be making a drastic change in the very near future, and I imagine I will be using this as an outlet for documenting and managing those changes.  As time progresses I am sure this blog will evolve as well.  I am looking forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment