Thursday, July 18, 2013

The Saga Continues

So, as the title of the post suggests, I am going to be updating from this post from 2008.  I realize it has been five years.  I have had a lot going on, or not, or maybe I didn't have the insurance that the current administration promised.  You decide.  :) 

I went to the Rheumatologist and he looked at my rash and hands and everything, ordered another seventy thousand blood tests, and asked me to come back in two weeks.  So I did.  I immediately went down to the lab for the blood draw.  This time it was exactly 13 vials of blood. The phlebotomist referred to Dr. Finney as a vampire, I have to say I had thought that as well.  Fast forward to test results day...All of my tests came back good, except for two.  So we decided to wait and see what the dermatologists says.  I went to the dermatologists, and it was actually kind of fun, if you consider fun having two doctors, one resident, one med student, and a nurse poking and pushing and pulling on your body fun.  Long story short, they took photos of my rash, and did another punch biopsy. The doctor prescribed me a .05% Steroid ointment to help with the rash, which I think is the highest topical steroid they make.  so far it is working, my rash is not as noticeable and seems to be fading rather quickly.  Once they get the biopsy results back, he will most likely prescribe a drug called Plaqenil, which is actually an anti-malarial. medication, and go from there. So that is where I am at...

No comments:

Post a Comment