Sunday, August 18, 2013

Jesus Calling

Alot of people read this daily devotional.  My daughter was given a couple of copies for her graduation, and she gave me one.  I read it every once in a while.  Today's post caught my eye and helped me to realize that I can accomplish all I have ever dreamed of through Christ and that I NEED Him to get through my life.  Here it is, hopefully if you run across this blog somewhere out there on the interweb it will speak to you as well:

Expect to encounter adversity in your life, remembering that you live in a deeply fallen world.  Stop trying to find a way that circumvents difficulties.  The main problem with an easy life is that it masks your need for me. When you became a Christian, I infused My very Life into you, empowering you to live on a supernatural plane by depending on Me.

Anticipate coming face-to-face with impossibilities: situations totally beyond your ability to handle.  This awareness of your inadequacy is not something you should try to evade.  It is precisely where I want you--the best place to encounter Me in My Glory and Power. When you see armies of problems marching towards you, cry out to Me! Allow me to fight for you.  Watch me working on your behalf, as you rest in the shadow of My Almighty Presence.

Revelation 19:1 After this I heard what seemed to be the loud voice of a great multitude in heaven, crying out,“Hallelujah! Salvation and glory and power belong to our God, (ESV)

Psalm 91:11 For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways.(ESV)
WOW, that is powerful.  I really needed this today!!!  It reminded me to not try and do things on my own, but to rely on my Lord and Savior.  I need Him.  I need his presence in my life all the time, but especially right now.  I need the Holy Spirit to intercede on my behalf.  I pray that God will speak to my Prince and reassure him that he can still trust me.  I need God to comfort not only myself, but my Prince.  It is such a difficult situation, but God knows what it is, and what needs to be done.  I love you, my Prince, and I praise and thank God for you each and every moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment