Wednesday, January 7, 2009

2008 ~ A Quick Review!

I know it’s been a while since I updated, but I have been so busy!! I hope that everyone had a wonderful and blessed Holidays. I thought I would start my first post of 2009 with a meme, and my first one to boot!!! I who knows, I might make a tradition! I think I have to now! Well, here goes ~

1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
Well, I am sure I did a few things that I have never done before, but the one thing is that I went sailing for the first time. On the ocean and everything. ;-)) It was so much fun. I would love to do it all the time, but some of us have day jobs. I also went to American Idol, which was a total blast, especially if you like to stand on your feet for 8 hours straight…yeah…I am not kidding. Good Times!! And I started this blog!!

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don’t usually make them, so that way when I don’t do them, I am not letting myself down. Haha.. But I am going to start going to the gym more…tomorrow…

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Well, my very good friend Deborah had a baby…so yeah.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
Yes, a very dear and close friend of our family suddenly passed away just before Christmas.

5. What countries did you visit?
I stayed right here in the good ol’ US of A

6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
An even closer relationship with my Lord and Savior, more money/ less debt, give more love than I receive, to watch my daughter mature and grow in the Lord

7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
hmmmm, I don’t really know, I cannot think of any particular or specific date, my birthday was interesting to say the least, but I would remember that day anyway.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Actually going to church every week..ok …MOST every week

9. What was your biggest failure?
hmmm, well, I really can’t answer that question, I have had a pretty good year, nothing major happened (Praise God!)

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nope, still trying to figure all that out, something is up and until I know what it is, I guess I can’t say it’s an illness.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
hmmmm…I didn’t really buy much this year, other than things I needed.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Wow, I have no clue.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
There is a certain persons behavior that I could have done without, but it didn’t depress me

14. Where did most of your money go?
Heck if I know…bills I guess…but I know it’s gone…lol

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
I got pretty darned excited about going to American Idol, going sailing, going to Texas for the Holidays

16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
I am really not one of those people whom apply song lyrics to my life, there are songs that I love, however, Slow Fade really touched my heart this year

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Happier.
b) thinner or fatter? The same
c) richer or poorer? Richer in spirit and poorer in the bank

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Exercise

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Procrastinating

20. How did you spend Christmas?
In Texas with my family and some friends

21. Did you fall in love in 2008?
No, but I did let go…and give it to God!!!!

22. What was your favorite TV program?
I have a few: American Idol, House, LOST, 24 (yay it’s back), and my new most favorite is The Big Bang Theory – HI – LAR – I – OUS!!!!

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
No, hate is a horrible emotion, and a waste of time and energy.

24. What was the best book you read?
Hmm, besides the Bible, I would say, Crazy Love, and even though I was against it at first, I got sucked in to the Twilight frenzy…and I have to say that what I have read thus far is not that bad, although I am not a huge fan of her writing style.

25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Austin’s Bridge, Toby Mac (who I knew of , I just didn’t listen until now), Travis Cottrell

27. What did you want and not get?
Loads of things, but I am really not very materialistic, but I would love to have a kitchen full of Pampered Chef “stuff” and new silverware and new furniture, new car too…;-))

28. What was your favorite film of this year?
Wow…there were several good films this year, here are a few that I enjoyed: Fireproof, The Dark Knight, WALL-E, Valkyrie, Iron Man, Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian, Body of Lies, Mamma Mia.

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
This was my 40th birthday, and I went to San Diego and had dinner with Pete and other than him making me wait for over an hour and thus draining the battery in my car, I surprisingly had an enjoyable time, and then we went to see Dark Knight.

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Living more in the Spirit and to not have to live check to check , like that will ever happen, hey, a girl can dream.

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
Personal fashion concept? Do you even know me? Haha…I’m a casual dresser unless necessary to dress otherwise….so, whatever is comfy. I love my UGGS.

32. What kept you sane?
Knowing Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
As always, Matthew McConnaughey

34. What political issue stirred you the most?
The Presidential Race, Global Warming…because it is a myth, a scam…bunch of balonie

35. Who did you miss?
All my friends and family in Texas, and Pete...yeah, I admit it!

36. Who was the best new person you met?
Lynda Kachic, and more recently, my new friend Michelle seems totally awesome too!!!!

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
My time and attention are the greatest gifts I can give my daughter

38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
The journey from your mind to your hands
Is shorter than you’re thinking
Be careful if you think you stand
You just might be sinking

Casting Crowns - Slow Fade

~Love ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment